I’ll see you soon my love.
I’m sitting here in a hotel lobby with a girl I just met surrounded by a ton of people I don’t even know who are all about to face the same unknown as me. I am scared, nervous, heartbroken, ready, curious, clueless and hopeful all at once. The emotions running through my mind are endless. At 12 noon I’ll be boarding a flight to Chicago. Making last minute calls, trying to stay awake and trying to stay positive. These next two months are going to be the hardest days I’ve ever had to endure but I have to keep motivated. I have to understand that everyone goes through the same motions. This is it. I’m finally here and I’m going to kick ass all the way. It’ll be over before I know it. I’ll see my friends and family and Anthony in no time. I just have to forget home for a little while and do what I need to do. My heart hurts immensely right now but I have to be strong if I’m gonna make it out alive.
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.